Restructuring + Insolvency
Strategic reconstructions are often only possible with experience and networks like ours at your fingertips.
When a business is under financial stress, sound legal advice and support in restructuring or re-capitalising can be crucial to help secure a business’ future. Advising financial institutions, developers, sponsors, creditors’ committees and agencies, our specialist Restructuring + Insolvency team works with clients that are seeking to avoid litigating or putting their counterparties into formal administration.
We have decades of combined experience advising and acting in relation to disputes and applications arising in all sectors including construction and infrastructure, mining and resources, agriculture and transport.
We also regularly act for lenders, borrowers, investors and directors, as well as many leading insolvency practitioners, in relation to all types of external administrations.
Our services and focus areas
- Restructuring, workouts and advisory
- Safe Harbour
- Distressed debt investing
- Corporate distress
- Voluntary administrations, liquidations, receiverships
- Securities review and enforcement strategies
- Director duties and compliance
- Trustee recovery actions
- Voluntary and involuntary bankruptcy, including Debt Agreements (Part 9) AND Personal Insolvency Agreements (Part 10)
- Creditors and spouse claims
- Asset protection